The National Union of Italian Film Critics and La Biennale di Venezia unveiled the line-up for the 27th International Film Critics’ Week (SIC), independent section of the 69th Venice International Film Festival, during a press conference in Rome. The 2012 selection includes seven first time director’s full-length films from all over the world, plus two special events.
- ÄTA SOVA DÖ / EAT SLEEP DIE by Gabriela Pichler (Sweden)
- LA CITTÀ IDEALE / THE IDEAL CITY by Luigi Lo Cascio (Italy)
- KÜF / MOLD by Ali Aydın (Turkey-Germany)
- O LUNA IN THAILANDA / A MONTH IN THAILAND by Paul Negoescu (Romania)
- NO QUIERO DORMIR SOLA / SHE DOESN’T WANT TO SLEEP ALONE by Natalia Beristain (Mexico)
- WELCOME HOME by Tom Heene (Belgium)
- XIAO HE / LOTUS by Liu Shu (People’s Republic of China)
Opening Film – Special Event Out of Competition
- WATER by Nir Sa’ar, Maya Sarfaty, Mohammad Fuad, Yona Rozenkier, Mohammad Bakri, Ahmad Bargouthi, Pini Tavger, Tal Haring (Israel/Palestine-France)
Closing Film – Special Event Out of Competition
- KISS OF THE DAMNED by Xan Cassavetes (USA)
Presentation press release and high-definition images from the great films of 2012 edition are now available for download. Click here.
30.08 — 09.09