The Venice International Film Critics’ Week (SIC) is an independent and parallel section organized by the National Union of Italian Film Critics (SNCCI) during the 76th Venice International Film Festival (28th August – 7th September, 2019). The program includes a selection of seven debut films in competition and two special events out of competition, all presented in world premiere screenings. The selection is curated by the General Delegate of the Venice Critics’ Week Giona A. Nazzaro together with the members of the selection committee Paola Casella, Simone Emiliani, Beatrice Fiorentino and Roberto Manassero.
The seven features in competition at the 34th Venice International Film Critics’ Week are eligible for two main awards: the Audience Award, realized thanks to the support of Comune di Taranto; Grand Prize Venice International Film Critics’ Week, realized thanks to the support of SIAE – Società Italiana degli Autori ed Editori and awarded by a jury to the best film in selection. Furthermore, the films in competition are eligible for the following prizes: Verona Film Club Award, bestowed by a jury composed of the under-35 members of the Verona Film Club and awarded to the most innovative film in the section; Mario Serandrei – Hotel Saturnia Award for Best Technical Contribution, sponsored by the Hotel Saturnia in Venice and conferred by a committee of experts.
- Jeedar El Sot / All This Victory by Ahmad Ghossein (Lebanon, France, Qatar)
- Partenonas / Parthenon by Mantas Kvedaravičius (Lithuania, Ukraine, France)
- El Principe / The Prince by Sebastian Muñoz (Chile, Argentina, Belgium)
- Psykosia / Psychosia by Marie Grahtø (Denmark, Finland)
- Rare Beasts by Billie Piper (United Kingdom)
- Sayidat Al Bahr / Scales by Shahad Ameen (UAE, Iraq, Saudi Arabia)
- Tony Driver by Ascanio Petrini (Italy, Mexico)
Special event out of competition – Opening film
- Bombay Rose by Gitanjali Rao (United Kingdom, India, France, Qatar)
Special event out of competition – Closing film
- Sanctorum by Joshua Gil (Mexico, Qatar, Dominican Republic)
Download the Press Release: Click here